Wednesday, April 30

Movie Review-- Golden Compass


So I rented the Golden Compass.


For those of you who know me, I am not very religious. I always find it comical when groups of people get all tied up about a movie coming out that 'threatens' their beliefs. This is one such movie that has caused such a stir. After viewing this film, what is the big effing deal? i respect people's choice to a belief but to witch hunt movie like Golden Compass and Harry Potter? Spend more time building up your religion and less time tearing down others and movies like this. God is not going to give you a shiny medal for your part in boycotting the 'evil' movies. When I start talking to imaginary animals that hold my spirit with dust or whatever, then there's a problem; otherwise it's just a movie- usually they are make believe! Overall I liked the movie. The pacing was good at the beginning, but towards the end is drawn out. I didn't like the ending, it just seemed to abrupt; obviously there is a sequel planned. The story is very good and the movie did good work in character and story development. The movie is not too serious, and some of the characters like Scoresby are a bit tongue-in-cheek. Acting is average, with notable performances from Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig.The soundtrack is appropriate and well done. This is a one time view for me. Not to be owned in the collection unless further sequels validate a need.

Coming Soon-- Across The Universe

No comments: