Friday, May 2

Across The Universe Video Review

I have decided to write my reviews in the following format. I am not going to discuss plots, stories, etc. I am simply going to give recommendations, likes, dislikes, and warnings. If you want to know what it's about, watch the movie. Thats why it's there: to watch it.


If you are a beatles fan, you will like this movie. Featuring great Beatles songs such as Hey Jude, Something, Strawberry Fields, and I am the Walrus. Of course all of these songs are not Beatles originals but sung with a bit of a twist. I would classify this move as a musical, since the film's story pacing is interrupted with the spots of each song. It is a pleasant interruption if you are a beatles fan.

The film is period based with some historical events happening in the background. You will like this if you are interested in that era or lived during it.The film is a romance, but there are other characters outside of the romance that the film focuses on. The acting is average. Be warned there is moderate language, drug use, sexual themes (no content), and brief nudity (on the artsy side).

When I rented this movie, the clerk told me it was psychodelic. Huh, didn't see what she meant. A one night stand type of movie. Possibly for the collection. I dont think I could make it thru another viewing for a while, or if I wanted to listen to the soundtrack. One of the soundtrack's songs is in my playlist at the bottom of this blogspot: Hey Jude.

No comments: